Welcome to the High Commission of the Republic of Namibia – Commercial Office website.
The Commercial Office is the official representative of the Ministry of Industrialization, Trade and SME Development (MITSMED) in South Africa and is your first point of call for investment, trade, economic and general business related enquiries. Through this website, we strive to provide pertinent information relevant to the Office mandate and endeavour to build, enhance and sustain mutually beneficial smart partnerships.
Our mandate is to:
- Promote Namibia as the preferred investment destination.
- Facilitate Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) to Namibia and provide investor support.
- Explore export markets for Namibian products.
- Advance Economic Diplomacy and stakeholder relations.
- Facilitate business missions to and from South Africa.
Invest in Namibia Post Conference
Thursday, 23 February 2017
(By invitation only)
The High Commission is closed on Namibian and South African public holidays.
Country Name: Republic of Namibia
Capital City: Windhoek
Land Size: 824 269 km²
President: H. E. Dr. Hage Geingob
Independence Day: 21st March 1990
Official Language: English
Population: 2.1 million (2011)
Currency: Namibian Dollar N$
Time Zone: UTC+01:00
GMT +2 (September – March)
GMT +1 (April – August)
Dialling Code: +264